A former grocery store, the property at 930 3rd Avenue in downtown Huntington was bought by Mrs. Alta M. Kenney from the Lutz family in 1940. The two-story building had 14-inch thick brick fire walls and a large freight elevator at the back of the building that proved ideal for moving large musical instruments such as pianos, organs, and other musical equipment between floors. Now named Kenney Music Company, the building was remodeled in 1942 and was demolished during the urban renewal days of the 1970s.
KENNEY MUSIC COMPANY
The Blue Beats Musical Gear from Kenney Music Co.
* Gibson Atlas Amplifier * Fender Dual Showman Amplifier * Gibson Kalamazoo Bass Guitar * Hammond M3 Spinet Organ * Leslie 122RV Tone Cabinet * Gibson SG Special Guitar