As seen in the photo above, a large refreshment stand was located near the center of the parking area and served a variety of popular food and drinks items such as popcorn, hot dogs, hamburgers, soft drinks, candy and other offerings. An amusement area with children's rides was located inside the drive-in grounds at the base of the large screen.
On one memorable summer evening in 1967, twin male cousins from Arizona visiting the Stinson brothers joined members of the Blue Beats in Dennis'1951 Chevy for a night at the East Drive-In. An amazing amount of food was ordered-up from the East's refreshment stand and enjoyed that night.
The E A S T Drive-In
The East Drive-In was located on U.S Route 60 near the 29th Street exit of Interstate 64. Open for business in August 1951, the East was the largest drive-in theater in the Tri-State with parking slots available for up to 1000 automobiles. At the peak of its popularity during the early to mid-1960s, showings at the East were sold-out on most weekends when double features, triple features, and sometimes all night movies were offered. The East Drive-In closed on November 6, 1993, and the valuable land was sold.